We are excited to announce a panel discussion that will be held at UNCG in the EUC auditorium on Thursday January 27th from 7pm to 9pm. The panel will explore issues of morality and is cohosted with Ratio Christi, a Christian apologetics group on campus. Here is a map of the location of the panel and locations of available parking near by. If you are on facebook you can RSVP for the event here.
The panelists from Ratio Christi will be:
Adam Tucker: Founder of Ratio Christi and graduate from Southern Evangelical Seminary.
Bill Pratt: Christian apologist who blogs at toughquestionsanswered.org
The Panelists from the UNCG Atheists, Agnostics and Skeptics will be:
Joshua Deaton: Got his first degree in political science from UNCG and is currently working on a second degree in biology. He studied to be in the ministry and his studies lead him to be an atheist.
Robert Eldredge: Current President of the UNCG Atheists, Agnostics and Skeptics. Robert got undergraduate degrees in Philosophy and Political Science from Guilford College and is currently working on a Masters of Public Affairs degree from UNCG.
Though this is called a panel discussion it will be formatted like a debate as follows:
- Each panelist will have 8 minutes to give an opening statement
- Each side will have 17 minutes to question and lead discussion with the other side
- Each side will have 6 minutes to deliver a closing statement
- There will be a 10 minute break were we collect questions from the audience
- there will be 30 minutes set aside for audience questions submitted by note card.
- Any time left over from the opening statements, cross examinations or closing statements will be given to audience questions.